To obtain a Class 4 or 5 driving licence for heavy vehicles, you must enrol in a licenced driving school.
Before you start heavy vehicle training, you must meet these requirements:
- Age 21 years or older;
- Pass an eyesight and colour blindness test;
- Physically and mentally fit;
- Not accumulate more than 12 demerit points under the driver improvement points system (DIPS); and
- Not have any driving licence (qualified or provisional) under revocation, disqualification or suspension.
Heavy vehicle licences at a glance
Heavy vehicle driving licences are classified by their weight:
- Motor vehicles which are constructed to carry a load or passengers and the weight of which unladen exceeds 2,500 kilograms;
- Motor vehicles which are not constructed to carry any load and the weight of which unladen does not exceeds 7,250 kilograms.
- Motor vehicles which are not constructed to carry any load and the weight of which unladen exceeds 7,250 kilograms
How to get your licence
Driving lessons for Class 4 and Class 5 licences are available only at the Singapore Safety Driving Centre.
Image of prime mover by Hannes Grobe, used under the CC BY 3.0 Unported licence.